Friday, October 17, 2008

Welcome to my new blog!!!


I have made a goal. I want to finish a twelve hour event riding my bike of choice, the Bacchetta Corsa! But, first a little about myself and my riding experience.
I started riding about 9 months ago after a friend of mine mentioned she was doing an MS150. I said "Wow!" I have always wanted to do something like that. I started training with them the next week on a new Bacchetta Giro 20. I love the bike and worked really hard to be able to catch up to my new buddies and their fast DF's. After I was able to get some bent in my legs, I was even able to stay with them for a while, provided they didn't go faster than say 16 mph on average. This was great and I had a goal. I am a large guy at 6'2" and 220 and thought this would be a way to not only lose weight, but to stay in shape for the long haul.
After a while I was even able to start to keep up with them up the few hills we have here in Florida:-) Well, off we went and into my first MS150. I did well the first day and managed to finish strong with the faster riders in our group. I maintained a good 17 mph average, but felt pretty weak. The next day was hard and it was all I could do to stay with the group. I was tired, but felt I would finish as long as there was someone there to keep me going. We finished as a group and felt we had an overall good showing for Kim's Krewe.

No comments:

Post a Comment