Sunday, January 13, 2013

2012 A Year in Review

While thinking back on 2012, not many good things come to mind.  I will forever be changed by what has happened this year.  Some in bad and some in good.  Only time will tell how the long term will hold out.  So, I am just going to skip about the first half of the year and write about riding and my son, dog, and friends.
I needed a goal to focus on to relieve the stress, so I put most of my extracurricular effort into my love of cycling this year.  It started off with just focusing on miles and miles and then started to work into a few goals.  I wanted to improve speed and maintain a certain number of century rides in the year.  I managed both.  I put my
speed to the test in a time trial series and improved in almost all the races.  I had the second fastest split in the trail to trail road race.  And, I managed to eek out 39 centuries for the year.  Not too bad. And, I managed to ride more miles on my bike than I put on my truck!!


Jared has been my number one focus and doing right by him is my one main goal in life.  He is a wonderful son and continues to progress.  He calls me and tells me how many AR points he has earned and tells me all about his exploits.  As much as he dislikes hanging out for the sake of hanging out, I have managed to convince him to help his dad at Sebring.  He will do fantastic and is a great helper!!
Noki has developed a fear of guns.  With all the fear of the President taking everyone's guns away, the neighborhood is banging with gunfire twice a week.  It sucks...He did manage to do many runs with me this year and is in the best shape of his life most likely.  I take him to the park and to my friends house so he can pester Shadow, his bud.
Through the most stressful times of the year, my friends have stepped up.  They are loyal and I am so grateful to have them! They have no idea how much I owe them for my sanity!!
So, with all this in mind, my goals for the year are simple...look forward and not behind. 
I will maintain my cycling goals, but will continue to place fun over torture...races excluded of course.  I want to see my son play his violin more often and finish reading the book we started together with some other family members and friends. 
Everyone have a great 2013!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment