Sunday, May 12, 2013

Planting Fun



I have been busy the last month with work and cycling and parenting and with gardening.  The uptick in work has been good!  I hope it is not the calm before the storm.  Jared has been awesome as usual. I was able to go to his Concert last week and
he did great!  He went to his new school to check it out and told me all about the band and some other very cool stuff they do there. I am excited for him!


He has also been reading up a storm and we are starting to make headway together again on the book we are reading together.  Most of you who follow my blog and started with us may be ahead at the moment, but we are picking up the pace as it gets to be a faster, more exciting read.  Now for the garden...


It has been a long time coming to get a good crop out of my garden.  This year, my mom sent out a book and I think we were able to get the soil just right to jump start the madness.  The greens are huge and I have given some out already.  The squash is taking its time, but is growing very large. The green beans are growing all the way up a large tomato planter and will start to break out soon. And the tomatoes and green peppers are doing very well.  For my birthday last year, mom bought me a cover and it has helped keep the big pests away like bunnies and my dog who likes greens...
But, it hasn't kept out some of the smaller pests like the little worms on the back of the greens.  I just kill them, though, and move on.  It's nice to sit down to a meal with the fruits er vegetables of your labor.

And, the roses and other plants around the house are doing well too.  I hope it continues to be a great growing season and the rain can help keep the temps down during the middle of the summer.






And to end with another shot of the wonderful, crazy Noki!!:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment