Saturday, October 24, 2015

Ah, Life!!

I have been wanting to write something for the past few weeks and just haven't had the energy or the time.  I have taken up teaching and my bike riding has ultimately fallen by the wayside.  Mind you, I went out and had two of my fastest training runs to date, but the amount of time I have to spend on my bike has fallen to only the type to let me stay with previous times in the short.  And, not any faster in the long haul.  The good news is that if I continue to stay in shape, it won't take long to get back into peak shape.  So, the goal is to ride on the weekends and maybe once or twice on the weekdays if my job gets out early or if I have a three day weekend.   But, I won't try to change plans to incorporate my riding into my life is something important comes up.
SO, it looks as if my bike riding has taken a back seat to LIFE!  Instead of Jim's Bicycle Life it is Jim's life.  I'm happy with that. 

2 comments:

  1. I know. I know. It's a contradiction to say: "I am fanatical about a balanced life."

    But ... I aspire to a `balanced life.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand completely, Dan. I don't know what changed. I guess I have nothing to prove. I still love to ride. I just don't feel like I need to be #1 anymore. Does that make sense?

      Delete