Sunday, September 2, 2012

August Mileage

This has been another good month mileage wise and I am on track for my yearly goal.  There have been some events last month that I have done well at, but ultimately think they held me back a little with my normal mileage.  I ended up logging in 1034 miles and this includes the low week last week for recovery.  I only ran 51 miles and I need to start back up on that as I generally felt worse on rides after low running weeks.  I don't know why.  It could be nothing, but It really did seem like I rode worse when I had a low running week.
So, this month, I plan on similar mileage on the bike at 250+ a week and I will try to hit 15 miles a week running.  This doesn't seem like a lot, but time is never on my side.  I am also planning to do a double century toward the beginning of October so I will need to watch how I do my workouts. My brother, Joe, is trying to help me plan.  It is difficult, I'm sure:-). Thank you, Joe!!
One more goal that I forgot to mention on write up is that of finishing "Snow Crash" by Neil Stephenson. 


It's tough when you have so many evening things to do with your son. But, going to bed a little early to read is not a bad thing.
So far, so good:-)

2 comments:

  1. Let me know how you like this book, I might have to add it to my wish list. Goals are a good thing. There are never enough hours in the day for me.

    ReplyDelete