Tuesday, October 30, 2012

October Miles

Well, this would have to be the month that killed my average...The weather started bad and ended worse.  Plus, a little burn out and sickness and my miles dropped to 842 this month not including the rest of the month and I missed a century.  I realize that being realistic is the best thing to do and rest is important, but I'm still disappointed. I did increase my running miles and ran more days than rode.  The good news is that I seam to be stronger for it.  When riding out into the wind of Hurricane Sandy yesterday, I was able to do surprisingly well for fifty miles.  I wasn't sprinting or pushing too hard and still ended with an average that was good without the wind only slipping below 20 twice the whole ride.  Maybe I should rest more often:-)
I was also able to get the front deck done, including new front step.  I think it looks pretty darn good!!!




1 comment: