Monday, June 25, 2012

Caged Mouse

Tropical storm Debby is upon us and I am feeling caged and wanting to get out!  I have just spent 8 or so days keeping up with the hardest race on the planet and now the rain is upon us and I'm still locked in the house!  Yes, I have some things to do, but the plants are growing without me and the bees are making honey without me.  I want to bike, but high winds and rain would not make good bed fellows to my bike and would probably put me in a bed permanently if bad visibility put me in front of a driver that couldn't see properly.  Even my favorite suffer-fest, the Polk County TT was canceled for today due to the yuck.


I guess I'll have to take a chance and go for a run later and soak my shoes to the bone with muddy water and sweat.  While I've been running the past few months, I decided to go for it and sign up for that midnight run!  I placed third in my age group the last time I ran it years ago and it has always been a source of good memories for me; running over a metal bridge in the moonlight and only really seeing directly in front of you and only hearing footsteps and breathing...

Nothing a few more boards and a level can't fix right?

At least I managed to replace some of the front deck and steps before it rained so I don't fall on my arss on the old slick surface that was the old decking.  I still need to do the rest, but at least it's a start and inch by inch it's a cinch, right?  Some of the old loose tiles in the kitchen have also been replaced and I am looking forward to putting some grout on them before they loosen up again. 
So, after all these years, I'm learning that I need to be outside more than in and riding my bike makes the world go round more than being locked up like a mouse in a cage in the rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment