Sunday, June 10, 2012

Wanna screw?

The private deck has been a thorn in my side for a long time. It's always been on the list of things to get done, but everyone knows how that goes...
So, when my dad came out to visit this week, we worked together and got it done.  The underside was still in good shape so luckily that didn't need to be done. Also, the back sealed in porch was built on part of the deck so we would have to patch the new deck into parts of the old.


The work went pretty fast when my dad and I weren't "discussing" how to do it right.
Jared even worked both full days as the nail puller and did a great job stacking lumber by the road.


And, the dogs even stepped in for little inspections once it started to become safe for them to walk on it.




It will still need the railing pressure washed and painted and the decking will have to be sealed. But, all in all, it went together pretty well. It was kinda fun to have it mostly done and just run the drills with dad and get it all screwed:-)  It will look great with some plants and furniture.
And, like all hard working days, there must be a reward at the end right?



1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed working with you, Jim. I like the new addition. I can hardly wait to watch Sun Fun from the deck. Great front-row seats.

    ReplyDelete