Sunday, July 15, 2012

Hands (paws) against the wall, please...

I need a break!  OK, but only for a day:-)  I've been on the go non stop for a while and I think it's starting to mess with my health a little.  How long can a person go on little sleep and a surplus of exercise and not come up short somewhere?  Between the hundreds of miles biking a week or the running or working and working on the house...I have realized that I am tired.  So...today is a break day.  I am going to watch a movie at home and stay at the house.  Cleaning will be inevitable, but what can I say...at least I'm relaxing, right?
There is a busy week ahead including more miles on the bike with a trip to ride with Kent on Saturday and exchange stories.  I also have a TT coming up next Monday so stay tuned to a write up.  I have only run twice this week and feel like I may have to start doing that again if I'm going to stay in running shape. Plus, the advantages of running and learning pain management are greater than biking.  This will help set me up for better riding in the future.  It is also easier to control my weight when running. 
I was able to get down to about 185 the last three weeks, but noticed a slight gain after only running a few times this week even with all the biking...
Anyway...break day!  Maybe I'll even see if I can catch up on the almost non existent sleep I get with a long nap.  I did want to leave you with this picture that I found incredibly amusing as I have one of these dogs and they are big time trouble makers...in a good way, of course:-)

I'm currently accepting captions in the comments section and will add the best one:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment