Friday, July 27, 2012

That's not mowing, that's farming!

It's been a busy week.  Jared and I have spent a tremendous amount of time together which is fantastic! And, along with other things like bike riding, running, and job searching, the week has been hectic.
We showed up for the time trial and it wouldn't stop raining.  It probably would have been fine except for the lightning, and the fact it was on an open course with cars and low visibility.  So...it has been moved to tomorrow.  This is fine.  Jared will be at his mom's for the day and I can finish a century on my own after the workout.
I guess the most fun part of the week has been Jared.  We have done so much together.  He is getting to the age where he can do everything on his own, but with you.  I don't have to sacrifice for his pleasure.  Even mowing was a blast.  He just jumped right on the mower and wouldn't get off.  It was great!!!  I need to find him some better ear plugs so he doesn't suffer. 

"That's not mowing, that's farming!" ADuhm
One of the fun things that we did together was work out.  He doesn't really like to run unless I force him so he took to the bike.  This is great as it allows me to run at a decent pace and he doesn't have to worry about getting left behind.  In fact it's the other way around with me telling him to slow down:-)  It fantastic that he can get some exercise and get away from the constant load of video games and Netflix.  He does read like crazy!  I came home from work two mornings this week with him reading in the chair after playing with the dog outside.  Fantastic!  I have a great son!

Jared "sneaking" up on his old man during my 6 mile run.


1 comment:

  1. The joys of being a parent! I'm glad Jared loves to read, like his Dad and his Grandma!

    ReplyDelete