Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July Mileage

I did the mileage add up for the month and came up with 1,159 miles.  That is more than my truck:-) I am somewhat impressed with that considering.  I also ran 73 miles.  Actually, I'm more impressed with that as it seems much harder to run and I always seem to run directly after a ride adding to the difficulty.
Riding has really helped me these past few months with my weight and the complexities of life.  Life is a struggle and the more I ride, the more I am able to enjoy some of it.  My son is a given, but other things seem tough to ride out without riding and reviewing my thought processes.
The fun part of riding is being able to meet new friends and experiencing the thrill of the ride with others to share it with.

Adding some more decking...more to come.
I have been able to do a little work on the house recently as the rains aren't as bad in the afternoon's. Some more of the front deck is being replaced and I was able to hang some of my planes under the ceiling.  One of my friends has begged me for a couple years to put them there and now that they are there, they look good. Good choice!!  Maybe a little too bachelor pad type, but good all the same.

Easier to store up off the ground...
Of course, on my ride this afternoon, the rain would decide to pick back up.  I thought I would be able to hold up under the overpass, but after waiting for a while and checking the radar, it was decided to bolt home as it was a rather unsafe storm.  I cranked out the last 10 miles of my ride in no time and was able to walk my bike down the road and walk in the door just in time for it to start.
So...what kind of mileage will I get this month?  Can I do well at my first big race this weekend? We'll see:-)

2 comments:

  1. Your work around the place is looking good! Your Dad used to run endlessly through all is stress of work, etc. Then he discovered the bike and he's been endlessly on the bike till this year. Now he's enjoying being at home more, now that he's working less. "Genes"

    ReplyDelete