Monday, May 28, 2012

Alien!!!


     Up at 2 and nothing to do? Write about something scary! Yesterday, while the rain was whipping, I decided to pull out an old favorite.  Alien.  With the upcoming movie Prometheus about to take to the theater, what better way to get a quick brush up on the fun, than to show my son what a very good, scary movie is like. I pulled it out and decided my son was ready to watch it.  I did forewarn him, but he’s 10 so nothing scares him.  After the first ten minutes, I remembered why I loved the movie so much.  Scott is amazing at capturing the quiet and translating it to film.  The suspense just kind of sneaks up out of nowhere and bites you where you least expect it.  The way in which the creature is presented fully grown is amazing and iconic.  I think the creature, in total, is on the screen for a whole five minutes?  But, you’re scared for most of the movie?  This says a lot!!!



       Even my young son loved it.  I don’t think he liked jumping every time the cat jumped on someone, but it was funny to watch.  I can’t wait to see Prometheus just to see if Scott can pull off the same type of movie quality that he is known for.  I’m kind of tired of the lack of quality in not only sci-fi movies, but horror movies alike.  And, being a fan of both, I have been waiting eagerly for this picture to be made.  In fact, now that my son is a fully fledged fan and was actually able to sleep with no problems, bring it on!  OK…maybe after a screening session ;-)   And, just in case you won't be able to get over the scary alien picture, look at this one to relieve any fear then close my page...

2 comments:

  1. I've always loved this movie. It really raised the bar when it was made.

    ReplyDelete