Saturday, May 26, 2012

It's all about the hat.

     One of the best things about being a dad, is when a son reaches a certain age and wants to be like you in everything you do.  The way you dress, the way you walk, the way you eat...everything.  This sometimes makes it difficult as you must watch what you do in order to be a good example, but it has wonderful rewards.
      I was recently given a hat that my grandfather wore and my son noticed it today and picked it right up.  Flourishing it on his head and trying to get the tilt just right.  He knows I love hats and he just thought it would be cool to wear one like his dads for a day at least:-)  



     What a great son he is and it brought back memories of a song that my dad and I used to listen to, when I was young.  My dad is still around, but I hope I get the stetson if it lasts as long as he does.  Right, Dad?  I know I will have fond memories of you and I only want that for my son.  No matter what a person goes through or what your job, money, love situation may be...great memories are the best thing I could ever give my son as they last forever!




3 comments:

  1. Great post Jim.I love that song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NIce dude. I remember watching that Chet Atkins and friends concert on VHS about 10,000 times

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Grandpa Karnes had fedoras like Chets. I would love to have his old hats. So love that song and the heartfelt feelings behind it.

    ReplyDelete