Saturday, May 26, 2012

Death by Taste?

     Once in a while a guy has to get out of the house with his son and see the town.  Strolling through the park and watching the dog drool on all the strangers he never seems to dislike is a favorite!  But, as so often happens, hunger comes a calling and my son has to eat.  We decided today would be a GrillSmith kind of day.
     We don't get to do this but rarely.  Money is always tight, but one must eat out once in a while to at least experience something new.  In we go...the place is pretty quiet except for a few children laughing in the background.  We are seated in the nearest booth and both of us order a drink.  My son asks if he would rather have salmon or steak...LOL!!  I say yeah right!  He says no really.  Steak on his menu is cheaper than the cheapest thing on mine so we both go cheap.  He orders the steak with fries and I order the burger with au gratin potatoes. 


     We wait for a little while enjoying the conversation and out comes the food.  This has to be one of the juiciest burgers I have tasted.  I actually had to eat it with a fork.  My chatterbox of a son must have liked what he had as well because he didn't say much and ate the whole thing.  This in itself is a miracle.  I on the other hand thought the burger was great tasting, but stuck to the meat and didn't eat the bread.  I also didn't eat the whole thing which again is amazing.  It was just too much food for my now, smaller stomach to take in.  So, the verdict?  Great food and the answer is "yes" you could probably die eating this thing:-)



3 comments:

  1. I wanted to comment on the hats...not the burger...although I am starving and it looks awesome!! =)
    Tell Jared that he knows what I would do to that hat with my yellow light saber!!!
    LOL!! Just kidding...very handsome Londoners....that is what I think!!!! =) Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. To quit my friend Marshall..."just the shadow of that sandos butt has 2000 cals"

    ReplyDelete