Thursday, May 31, 2012

Something orange!

     Yesterday was a busy day!  One of the best things about the day was finally getting around to potting two trees (a Calamondin Orange and a Persian Lime) and repotting another orange that had a rough winter.  There is something just pleasing about planting things and having them grow that seems to stimulate me somehow.  I know it sounds corny, but eating out of ones own garden is really rewarding!
     I had picked up four nice bags of soil from The Home Depot that were on special and brought them home.  I didn't realize this, but I only needed one as the roots of the plants were fairly significant. The older tree will have to be repotted again in the near future.  I don't know what I was thinking as I had the pot already and should have just planted it in the right pot to begin with, but such is life:-)


      One thing is for sure...the Calamondin tree looks exquisite!  It is in full bloom and I am hoping I can get some fruit from it this year.  The other two will need some time and I will have to look out this winter for all of them as frost is evil!


     Perhaps the most intriguing part of the process was moving the large pot and having a bright orange corn snake pop out from underneath it.  I think I accidentally hurt it moving the pot as it was a little aggressive.  They aren't usually like that.  I did manage to transport him with my arm, as he was biting my fingers, to the small rose bush for a photo op:-)



1 comment:

  1. Cool snake. I was on the bus waiting for the kids when I saw a woman drop a snake into a garbage can across the street. Curious I checked it out and it was a healthy yellow corn snake. I sent a kid to get a teacher and he caught it and put it in his classroom. Wonder if it is still there?

    ReplyDelete